Fast Facts About General Education
- The new General Education program begins in Fall 2012.
- The minimum number of General Education credits is 40.
- All undergraduate degree seeking students must satisfy either CORE or General Education requirements.
- The two overarching General Education categories are Fundamental Studies and Distributive Studies.
- The signature program of General Education is the I-Series courses. An I-Series course fulfills a Distributive Studies requirement.
- The two areas of the Diversity requirement are Understanding Plural Societies and Cultural Competence.
- Scholarship in Practice is a new category in Distributive Studies.